Tuesday

August 7, 2012: Nobody Wanted This to Happen.

Apparently, last night... a lot of students prayed for class suspension.

No, I was not part of this.

No, I did not pray for the rain to continuously flow and fucking drown Luzon.

And NO, none of those who prayed for suspension wanted it up to this magnitude.

I did want the sunny sky to peek through like most of the people out there do, too.

----- Emotional rant begins. I will more or less not make any sense -----

BUT OBVIOUSLY, that ain't gonna happen any time soon. And, to everyone out there posting on Facebook, Twiiter and wherever else, that this is our fault (as in the students)... that we wanted the rain to drown houses, schools, universities and hospitals just so we could have a free day from school and look like we don't want to learn. Uh-uh, NO!

Some of us wanted to go to school and sit on our butts the whole day to learn some shit lessons. And yes, that meant we had to get up somewhere around in the early morning to get ready and all. That, we had to travel to these places where we learn and do everything we could do to well, pass. Newsflash though: We get tired too! So the "Yay! No classes" posts, please don't use it against us. We're just semi-happy for the reprieve.

We already know that there are gonna be tons of make up classes on our part.


And now, it's raining like the apocalypse is coming. What we COULD DO is help our fellow human beings get help. Let's not have the blame game going, it will never stop.

----- Stopping the Rant and thinking about what I SHOULD do. -----

I live far away from the flooded areas so I'm thanking God for sparing our home. We can't have another catastrophe like the one we had around seven years ago. As for donations, I am looking into that as soon as I can. I'm pretty sure there are more people out there who could undeniably help as of right now but... I can't.

I'm under lock down at home, studying for a quiz, making sure our house is in one piece. And you know what... I'm pretty sure our bamboo fences are falling down.

Just praying for the best,
AnaRay

No comments:

Post a Comment