Friday

May 14, 2012. Roadtrip to the North.

Though I had recently gone to Subic, my Lounge Kroo wanted to go up North again for the summer.


May 14 was a perfect time to actually go there 'cause I have to enroll in DLSU then they'd just pick me up on the way. There were four of us: me, Yani, Gabo and Mike.

It's been a long time since I've been in a roadtrip since my family usually takes trips to places that need a plane ride to get there.

The truth is, I was a bit nervous to get in the car. Yeah, they've all got them driver's license that I have yet to apply for but still... Manila to Bataan, isn't exactly a short trip. Since they came from the South, it would take three highways from there, or two highways from Manila. Totaling more or less 300km back and forth costing us waayyyy too much gas, and toll.

The trip in itself was fun and confusing, and tiring and frustrating as well. Fun because well, obviously, it's a roadtrip, foodtrip with Yani's Presto and laughtrip with Gabo's driving skills. See, this may probably be the first and last trip that I actually get to see a chicken cross the road, a bird fly in front of us, a dog suddenly crossing in front of us (almost costing us our noodles, literally) and a sudden loss of road. Thank God, Gabo got us through that alive. Even though we got lost more than a few times.

Upon arrival to the venue, I was happy to get out of the car and disappointed to see the place. It was truly run down and I wouldn't want to stay in it for an hour much less a 3D2N stay. So... no, thank you sir! But since we were already there, we thought of just looking at the places with the most promise and the "meh" places. We were happy to find the East West (first we saw after the disappointing house) and All Seasons (the last we saw before leaving with heavy hearts), both were good. But, we took the All Seasons because they offered us the whole resort exclusively.


On the way home from the Capitol, Mike took over the wheel and drove us back home. Not exactly the easiest thing, though we no longer have any chance of getting lost as much, there were no lights in the highway... plus, it was raining so badly... and, we were driving at nighttime. Though my best friend right there had driven these highways before at night, it still proves to be hard to go through with the lightning and rain.

This trip was tiring as hell, considering we all woke up early at around 6AM to get ready, we got home around 11PM and still we had to discuss a few things. I fell asleep in front of my laptop and was gone for the next few days.

I don't have the pictures yet because Yani hasn't uploaded the random pictures from the trip. Only those of the place that we will be staying in.

Peace and love from the South,
AnaRay

yes, there's such a big difference with the South and North of Luzon.

No comments:

Post a Comment