Saturday

January 6, 2011

Hello there world!

Here's my obsessions when it comes to studying. I eat nuts... peanuts, cashew nuts, chestnuts, hazelnuts but never almonds. This little tin can isn't enough for a whole session but since I only have a few more to go, it'll be okay. But, cashew nuts are my most favorite.

~Photo of the Day: Kasoy! and Kieso (but I like Weygandt better)~

Our professor said that, studies show that eating nuts help your brain cells keep moving. I think that that really works because I work faster when I'm munching on nuts, except for chestnuts because I still have to crack it open. But again, nuts are good when you're studying the real nuts (meaning it's still in the shape of the nut) not the totally processed one (like peanut butter, I think). I'm not so sure though because this is what our professor mentioned.

Another habit of mine is studying in a big place, I'm a little claustrophobic. In other words, it's hard for me to study on my desk so I either have the choice of the floor or my bed. But, it's not really helpful because when you get used to studying on the bed, (I read this an article) that your mind will get used to seeing it as a workplace and not a place of rest and relaxation. So now, I opt for the spacious floor.

I didn't know how this became a list of my study habit but it's going there. I hate studying with an empty stomach so I take advantage of after breakfast, lunch and dinner. This way I won't have to resort to eating too much nuts and if I'm left without a choice... junk food.

I'm not the kind of person who shouts out the terms or draws it out in the air. I'm very closed off and quiet only if I'm alone, when I'm with others I'm more vocal spouting out questions and blah. The reason is because I learn best seeing things (graphs, pictures and maps) and through hearing the terms.

Lastly, if I'm really serious of what I'm studying, you'll hear it.Not because I talk to myself but because classical music (mostly Vivaldi and Tchaikovsky) will be blasting from my laptop's speakers. This is said to improve your knowledge intake and for me it's true because I answer faster and focus better.

I'm not really fond of making blogs like this but, all I've been doing is study since I still can't feel what my professors want from me.

Taking a break from it all,
AnaRay

i finished so much homework, i fell productive!

No comments:

Post a Comment