Wednesday

September 21, 2011

Today, I was supposed to like a never-ending (rather really long) post about Glee, which is showing today, or some interesting Philippine News. Thanks to a friend, Louie! I've chosen to do Philippine News, don't worry it won't be that boring. They're actually kind of... out of this world. (^_^)

Here's the first one, the most popular one: The Sex Strike in Dado Village. As Mo Twister said, the women were harnessing the power of the vagine.

I'm a Magic 89.9 fan. It keeps me awake while I'm on my way to school (Good Times with Mo, Mojo, Grace Lee and Angelicopter), and they keep me up-to-date about news. Yesterday, my first class was cancelled and my friend left me her iPod to listen to Magic, (I know I'm so old school to listen to radios) but I was smiling to myself the whole time, I bet most of the people saw me as a lunatic or something. (^o^) Fun tip for everyone... Listen to the Good Times.

ANYWAY! I got off track, here's the Y! News link: Maguindanao 'sex strike' puts clan war to bed. I thought that it was both funny and effective, it ain't original but at least not much on violence, right? Unless, there's some in the bedroom... eww... not gonna think about that. (-__-)

The second, the most student-oriented one: An Act Prescribing a Universal Code of Student Conduct Whereby Planking by a Student or Group of Students During Street Rallies or Similar Protest Actions as a Form of Redress of Grievance be Strictly Prohibited and Applying Appropriate Sanctions Thereof. In short, the Anti-Planking Act of 2011.

We, students, have gotten a reaction from the government! Read through it, basically students can't plank during rallies or plank to show grievances... and The Act itself: Anti-Planking Act of 2011

So students... PLANK WISELY! (o.O)

Here's a Y! News link: Beware of planking, it might get you into legal trouble if you want a quick read on it.


The most traffic-related: To get our of Philippine traffic download the MMDA navigator app. Unfortunately, only my mom has an iPhone and she rarely drives when she knows there's gonna be traffic.

Y! News link: MMDA navigator app for iPhone now available

In line with the sex strike in Maguindanao, here's a little bit of news on how the Philippines, though not the best for real estate investment also from a recent news, the Philippines happens to be the best Asian country for women. I'm not sure about that, I mean we got equal rights down but not exactly on health in my opinion. Did they count like birth pills and such on these surveys? because I don't think we have that here...

Y! News link: PH is the best country in Asia for women, says survey

So, whatcha think about the Philippines? Weird? Interesting? Uhm, unexpected?

Oh does anybody have any update about the Spratlys?

Aaand, what did you think about the first episode of Glee Season Three? I watched it too. (^_^)

~Photo of the Day: my interpretation of our PERSEF group logo
(images were from Google, edited in Pixlr.com)~

Watching the Family Guy, the Simpsons and now The Big Bang Theory on JackTV,
AnaRay

such a bum day...


~~Song of the Day: Dance, Dance (If You Wanna Dance) by Cameron Mitchell~~

No comments:

Post a Comment