Thursday

September 22, 2011

I haven't posted a picture of me since I don't really like taking pictures of myself, so tendency is I put up pictures of what I see... So, topic for the day.

Let's talk... Japanese and Chinese-inspired Filipino food.

Because, we had lunch in a Japanese resto earlier. The whole california maki, katsudon and miso soup combo... ahhh, heaven. (^_^) So, big thanks to Jeth, Louie and Gab for eating with me!

I love sushi... and sashimi if it's from a really good restaurant. So we ate at this Japanese restaurant in front of La Salle, and they ARE good. I mean, don't compare them to the really famous ones in malls, because well they're good enough for students who are in a budget and who just want a quick taste of Japan.

They're california maki was weird though, there was this ingredient that really wasn't supposed to be there. Note: California maki usually consists of crab/crabstick, mango, avocado rolled with the nori inside and rice with fish roe (the orange thingies). But, the one we had earlier had I think it was tofu... so yea. weird... (o.O)
~Photo of the Day: How a California Maki should look like~

Katsudon, on the other hand, as everyone would probably know is actually just breaded pork or porkchop served with egg on top and some special sauce on the rice. Yum! And to think I paid PHP 135(around USD 3.11) for this porkchop, which could've been bought in another restaurant worth PHP 100(around USD 2.30), but it's all about the sauce... and it was worth it!

So why Chinese?

Well, that's what I just had this dinner. We had fried shanghai rolls and noodles. I say it that it's Chinese-inspired because I truly do believe that the Filipinos might have gotten it from them. See, most Chinese food snacks are inside a kind of wrapping... like siomai, spring rolls... dimsum. And, the noodles because well, they're the kind you find in Chinese restaurants. (^_^)

This is also in memory of Kevin's fail moment earlier in the day, which is what started this all.

Loves to eat with chopsticks,
AnaRay

i failed to sing a nursery rhyme today...

~~Song of the Day: The Itsy Bitsy Spider~~

No comments:

Post a Comment