Sunday

October 2, 2011

Paris. Tokyo. Seoul. London. New York.

The truth is, I didn't want to be an accountant. I wanted to be like Samantha Brown and travel around the world, study their culture, learn what are the sites, stay in a hotel, buy souvenirs and know which places to go for food. sigh...

Originally, I did not want to be stuck in an office working from 9-5 and writing up worksheets, and financial statements. I did not want the "normal" kind of job where you work in a building, like offices, hospitals or anything like that. I wanted to go around the world... and I still do. (-___-")

I still haven't forgotten that dream of mine. Every time my parents start to plan on a vacation somewhere out there, I instantaneously clear up my schedule at uni. and leave everything at home. I want to explore the world, not just in books that I read, or in movies and shows that I watch... I want to stand on their land and say, "I'm in (whatever country), and I'm so damn excited!".

BUT... I had to be reasonable, I had to be realistic. So, I placed that dream in the Things To Do Before I Become Boring List. And, ventured into a possible career that might as well help me reach places, a business career. Whatever course I'd graduate with (I still do hope to graduate with a diploma in accountancy), I just want to be able to have enough time and money to walk around different countries.

I want to drink an English Breakfast tea in England. I want to eat sushi in Japan. I want to see a moose in Canada. I want to go up the Eiffel Tower. I want to take that overrated picture with the Leaning Tower of Pisa. I want to enter the Flavian Amphitheatre in Rome. I want to say that I saw a koala in Australia, that I stood near the Sphinx in Egypt.

The world is such a big place.

The places I could check off of my list would be: Singapore, Hong Kong, USA (although only around CA and NV), Philippines (around Luzon and Visayas). Yea, it's not a lot...

~Photo of the Day: Doodle at the
back of my booklet.
I finally finished one!~

Seriously thinking about my future,
AnaRay

do accountants have time to go around the world?


~~Song of the Day: Raise Your Glass by P!nk~~

No comments:

Post a Comment