Tuesday

November 8, 2011

I finally went to the art museum. The Ayala Museum to be exact.

The museum is near (or maybe you could say, connected to) the Ayala Malls' Greenbelt 4 (or is it 5?). Fair warning: The streets become very busy when it's near rush hour.

~Satellite View of the Ayala Museum
thanks to Google Maps~

I went to this museum because I'm required to go to a museum for my Art Class. I wanted to bring back lots of pictures from my experience there; unfortunately, photography is not allowed inside the museum. So, I'll be grabbing pictures from the Internet or go to Ayala Museum's website which you could visit here.

~Photo of the Day: Ayala Museum Building~
credit goes to Mr. Mark Anthony Maranga
visit his site here.

Basic information on the Ayala Museum:

Museum Hours:
Mondays: Closed
Tuesdays-Fridays: 9am-6pm
Saturdays-Sundays: 10am-7pm

Fares/Packages:
Resident Child/Student/Senior Citizen Fee is Php 75.00
Resident Adult Fee is Php 150.00.
Non-Resident Child/Student/Senior Citizen Fee is Php 250.00
Non-Resident Adult Fee is Php 350.00.

This is for the first to third floors of the museum, which includes 18th to 20th Century Artists (Exhibitions could possibly change, right now it's the Abstracting Joya), the Diorama Experience and Maritime Vessels, and the Changing Exhibitions. I saw them preparing the Zobel-D'Bayan exhibition right before I left. I also had the opportunity of using the headphone thingamabobs that guide you through the Diorama Experience (worth Php 50.00).


~ Third Floor~
How come whoever took this picture was allowed?
credit goes to Contemporary Arts Philippines
visit their site here.

Resident Child/Student/Senior Citizen Fee is Php 125.00
Resident Adult Fee is Php 225.00.
Non-Resident Child/Student/Senior Citizen Fee is Php 300.00
Non-Resident Adult Fee is Php 425.00.

This is for the first to fourth floors of the museum.The fourth floor is special because it has three galleries including, the Gold of Ancestors (Pre-colonial Treasures in the Philippines), Embroidered Multiples (18th to 19th Century Philippine Costumes), and A Millennium of Contact (Chinese and Southeast Asian Trade Ceramics in the Philippines).

*By resident, I mean that the person is a Filipino citizen. So yea, it's a bit biased in terms that foreigners would have to pay a larger amount.

Of course, there's a Museum Shop (if you guys wanna bring pasalubong). And, there's also a Museum Cafe.

I would've taken the second package but I was short in time because I still had to go back to fetch Cham in the School of Design and Arts Building of the College of Saint Benilde. After which, we went home.

Also, I just wanted to add that I ALMOST WON in Monopoly Deal if Gordon didn't collect SIXTEEN MILLION worth of rent. I had to pay in both cash and property; after payment, I was left with one piece of property! It was his fault that our game lasted for thirty minutes.

Today was a good day. No classes in Law and Human Behaviors Class. Great fun in Bible Studies Class, even if it means that we have to prepare yet another presentation. Lastly, Accounting was as normal as possible.

Watching Victor King on Youtube,
AnaRay

sing. dance. paint. play the uke. what can victor king NOT do?

No comments:

Post a Comment