Wednesday

November 9, 2011

I am a "Jack of all trades".

~Photo of the Day: Jack of All Trades
credit goes to Mr. Matthew Stumpy
check him out here~

And, you know what? It sucks. Because, people usually end the idiom right there. Did you think that that was the whole saying? No, it isn't. The whole idiom is: Jack of all trades, master of none.

The earlier version of the famous phrase did not include the very negative second half, making it such a positive description for anyone who excels at a lot of skills but is never the best at a specific one. Wikipedia says it best as, "a person that is competent with many skills but is not necessarily outstanding in any particular one". Although don't be discouraged, the whole entirety of the phrase is:

Jack of all trades, master of none, 
Certainly better than a master of one.

Many don't exactly continue on to the second line. A little new knowledge for all of you!

The real reason for posting about the term is not for you to learn about English (which I suck in at school), but it in fact applies to me. I'm an expert on... nothing. But, I can do a lot of things on a passable level. I'll show you what happens when they leave me at home all alone.

~Vietnamese Lady,
Pencil on Watercolor Pad~

~Butterfly
Pen and Watercolor Pencils on Watercolor Pad~

~Shackles of War,
Poster Paint on Watercolor Pad~

Yea, my works of art (above) that I worked on for the whole afternoon, is not as amazing as, let's say, my friend Cybelle's work of AMAZING ART! She has a real talent when it comes to the arts. You could even watch and/or hear her sing on Youtube, just click! In addition, this piece of art was being sold by Cybelle though I'm not so sure if someone bought it already.

~Cybelle's Work of Art entitled,
The Struggles of Blending In~

So yea, I was supposed to do a piece with ink but I couldn't find it. Wherever it is, I miss playing with them.

Cleaning up the mess,
AnaRay

making the most of a quiet wednesday

No comments:

Post a Comment