Tuesday

November 1, 2011

It's 11/01/11. Shouldn't we be making a wish right now? Or wait for 11/11/11?

Can anyone please define, empacho? 'Cause it's exactly what I've been feeling since I woke up this morning. Considering I did not even eat a lot, I guess I'm slowing down in my metabolism.

Today is All Saints Day and as usual, it's a rather big event in the Philippines. Family visiting their loved ones who moved on, and of course a hell of a lot of food stalls in the cemetery. (-____-") Not a good thing to bring up to someone who feels so full.

Basically all I did today was read a story from FictionPress entitled The Pull of Destiny, visit my grandparents from my mom's side, eat a lot of snacks and then my day ends to right now, writing a blog. Also, we finally meet the family of the person who was buried next to my grandparents. We've been visiting for awhile now (roughly ten years) and today was the first time we actually saw them. It was mind blowing, I actually had to like say it out to believe it; my mom even chatted to them a bit 'cause it's been so long.

~Photo of the Day: Manila Memorial at Night~

To what today meant to me: Visiting my grandparents' grave, well it makes me sad. I've accepted that they've moved on, but I always remember all the memories I've had with them. My lolo used to bring home chips (Lays, Ruffles or Pringles) every single time he went out. Then, my lola hates eating junk food such as chips because they're too salty unless it's the Piknik with 50% less salt. The time when we (me and Cham) were kids and we'd write on lolo's feet with a ballpen. Or when, lola played mahjong and she'd shout out Todas! then we'd find out there was a mix up in her cards.

To everyone else, these might be like everyday things... but isn't it the everyday boring things that stay with us?


I always wonder if people even scan through my blog. I wanna say that I don't care but I do. I mean, I don't write for the sake of the people who actually bother to check out my blog but I write because it helps me keep something stable, I guess?

I mean, I have no drama in life other than my studies (I sound like such a nerd, which I am) and my insecurities, which are summed up in a song called Ugly by 2NE1. No, I don't exactly understand what the lyrics in Korean mean, but the chorus which is in English well, yea that's how I usually feel like.


Remembering my grandparents,
AnaRay

my tummy hurts.

No comments:

Post a Comment